Add an inventory item to your game
The following instructions describe how to add an inventory item to your game’s economy system.
- Access Economy from the Unity Dashboard, then select Configuration.
- On the Configuration screen, select Add resource.
- Set Choose a type to Inventory item.
- Give the inventory a resource name, and an ID for use in API calls. For example, if your in-game inventory item is a magic hat, the item name could be Magic Hat, and the ID is auto-generated from the name but you can change it to anything that suits you and your game.
- Select Next.
- You can add any optional custom JSON data you want allocated to this inventory item by entering it into the Custom Data box. See Custom data.
- Select Add.
The new inventory item now appears on the Configuration page of Economy.