Add a currency to your game
The following instructions describe how to add a currency resource to your game’s economy system.
- Access Economy from the Unity Dashboard, then select Configuration.
- On the Configuration screen, select Add resource.
- Set Choose a type to Currency.
- Give the currency a resource name, and an ID for use in API calls (SDK and HTTP). For example, if your in-game currency uses gold coins, the resource name could be Gold Coins, and the ID is auto-generated from the name but you can change it to anything that suits you and your game.
- Select Next.
- (Optional) Enter an Initial balance and Maximum balance for this resource.
- You can add any optional custom JSON data you want allocated to this currency by entering it into the Custom Data box. See Custom data.
- Select Add.
The new currency now appears on the Configuration page of Economy.