Introduction to the Unity Gaming Services CLI (Beta)
The Unity Gaming Services (UGS) CLI is a command line interface with a variety of tools to manage, test, and deploy Unity Gaming Services configuration. The CLI provides a scalable and automatable alternative to the Unity Dashboard, and can improve your team workflows & productivity.
To get started with the UGS CLI, refer to the following documentation:
- To install and use the UGS CLI, follow the getting started documentation.
- Browse Samples on how to use Deployments.
- Examples on how to integrate UGS CLI as part of CI/CD tools:
For complete documentation, refer to the GitHub repository.
Supported services and use cases
Deployments introduces the Config as Code workflow for UGS. You can use the CLI to deploy file configurations using the deploy command, enabling integration into automated build pipelines (CI/CD).
The Deployments feature is also supported in the Unity Editor through packages, including Remote Config and Cloud Code. The CLI enables the Deployments feature for engine-agnostic developers and automated build workflows.
With Deployments, you can:
- Work with local configurations for cloud code and remote config.
- Add service configuration next to the game client code.
- Apply git-like workflow to service configuration, for example, branch, merge, diff, tag.
- Map Unity Environment to a repository branch and work in isolation.
- Manually deploy file configuration via the CLI or Deployment Window.
- Add a deploy step to your CI/CD pipeline for automated deployment.
Supported services for Deployments
- Remote Config
- Cloud Code
Supported services for CLI
- Cloud Code