Cloud Save Player Data
Cloud Save Player Data is key/value storage for player data. You can read and write Player Data from a game client and from Cloud Code.
Player Data can be configured to be queryable and it supports different Access Classes, so you can have data only a player can read and write, data that is public for other player to see and data that is not visible to players.
Refer to the documentation for the Cloud Save SDK for Cloud Code for a list of methods for writing Player Data from Cloud Code.
There are 3 different Access Classes for Cloud Save Player Data.
- Default: Readable and writable by the player the data corresponds to
- Public: Readable by any player, writable by the player the data corresponds to
- Protected: Readable by the player the data corresponds to, only writeable from a server
Public data is suitable for using for public profile data.
Protected data is intended for use with Cloud Code or with a Game Server.
You can further restrict all player write access using UGS Access Controls.
- Player Data has a limit of 2000 key/value pairs per Access Class
- 2000 keys in the default Access Class
- 2000 keys in Public Data
- 2000 keys in Protected Data
- Player Data has a total limit of 5 MB per Access Class
- 5 MB of data in the default Access Class
- 5 MB of Public Data
- 5 MB of Protected Data
e.g. You can have 2000 keys of 2.5 KB each, or 1 key that is 5 MB.