Get started with Lobby
Read the following sections to learn how to set up a Lobby project and how to use the Lobby Game sample project.
To get started with Lobby, you need to do the following:
Set up Lobby
You can set up and manage Lobby through the Unity Cloud Dashboard:
- Go to cloud.unity.com.
- Select the Products tab from the sidebar.
- Under Gaming Services > Multiplayer, go to Lobby and select Launch.
When you launch Lobby for the first time, this adds Lobby to the Shortcuts section on the sidebar and opens the Overview page.
Link your Lobby project in the Unity Editor
- Open your project in the Unity Engine and navigate to Edit > Project Settings.
- From the Project Settings window, go to the Services tab.
- Select Use an existing Unity project ID and link to the Unity Cloud Dashboard project displayed in the Setup guide.
- After the project links successfully, you're ready to move on to the next step of the integration process.
Install the latest Lobby package for Unity
- In Unity, navigate to Window > Package Manager.
- From the Package Manager, search for com.unity.services.lobby or scroll through the Unity Registry to find the Lobby package.
- Select the package and click the Install button. See Package Manager for more information.