Subscriptions, seats, and services
A subscription defines the software license level available to an Organization.
Unity Editor subscriptions
There are three subscription tiers for collaborative use of the Unity Editor:
- Personal (free)
- Plus (premium)
- Pro (premium)
For more information about the different plans, as well as student and enterprise options, visit the Unity store.
When you create a Unity ID, you get a default Organization associated with your ID and a free Unity Personal subscription for your default Organization.
A seat represents an individual license to use the Unity Editor. When you purchase a Unity Plus or Unity Pro subscription for your Organization, you select the number of seats to purchase, then assign them to Organization members or guests. If a project contributor has a lower tier subscription, you must assign them a seat from your Organization’s license.
Assigning premium seats
- Select Organizations from the left navigation menu.
- On the Organizations page, click on the Organization you want to manage.
- Select Subscriptions & Services from the left navigation menu.
- On the Subscriptions page, click the Unity Editor subscription you want to manage.
- Check the box next to the member or members you want to assign, then click Assign Seat(s).
Each assignee receives an email with information on how to activate Unity. Assigning a seat gives the user access to Editor features available to the Organization. When you allocate a paid seat, the member receives a license to activate the Editor.