Configuring ad network IDs
Projects targeting users running iOS 14 or later must implement advertiser network IDs in the
Info.plist file. Including an array of verified network IDs enables ad sources to properly attribute their ad spend by using Apple’s
When implemented with Unity Ads version 3.5.1 and later, Unity and other trusted ad sources use these IDs to confidently bid on publisher inventory. To help publishers save time and energy, Unity provides an updated list of advertiser IDs across the industry to include in their
plist files and avoid missing out on potential revenue.
Including ad network IDs in Unity
When you build your application in the Unity Editor, the iOS 14 Support package automatically adds an updated list of advertising sources to your game's Info.plist file:
- Build your project for iOS.
- Check the resulting
Info.plistfile to ensure that your
SKAdNetworkItemsare as expected. If necessary, manually add any additional
SKAdNetworkIdentifierdictionaries to the array.
If you also have the Unity Advertisement package installed, then this will happen without any action needed by you. However, if you aren't using the Unity Advertising package, then you'll need to follow these steps:
- Create a new file anywhere in the Assets folder of your Unity project and name it
SKAdNetworkswith no extension.
- Open the file with a text editor and paste the SKAdNetwork URL
https://skan.mz.unity3d.com/v3/partner/skadnetworks.plist.jsoninto your file, then save it. Unity will periodically update the list at this address to make sure the ad network IDs in your project updates each time you build your application.
Including ad network IDs in Xcode
To include network IDs in your Xcode project:
- In the Xcode project navigator, select
- Click the add button (+) beside any key in the property list editor to create a new property key.
- Enter the key name
- For the value type, select
- For each network ID you want to include, add a key-value pair to the array where the key is
SKAdNetworkIdentifierand the value is the network ID string. Unity maintains a complete list of recommended network IDs that provides these key-value pairs.
For more information on editing the property list, refer to the Xcode documentation.
Updating network IDs in Xcode
The Monetization dashboard has a feature that detects whether your live game is missing any recommended network IDs. This can save you time and effort cross-referencing your project’s plist settings against the updated list of IDs.
- With your project selected, select Project Settings in the left navigation menu.
- Scroll to the Missing SKAdNetwork IDs setting, then select Copy missing SKAdNetwork IDs.
- Open your project’s
Info.plistfile in a text or code editor.
- In the
plistfile, locate the
SKAdNetworkItemskey and paste the XML you copied from the dashboard into the array. For example:
<key>SKAdNetworkItems</key> <array> <! -- paste copied XML dictionaries here--> </array>
Next steps: Refer to documentation on ATT compliance.